Last Updated on
I promised myself to write more this 2020 but I wasn’t really able to do that because it has been very crazy these past few months. It’s still the first quarter of 2020 but a lot has been happening, not just in our country but the entire world — Taal Volcano eruption, earthquakes in Mindanao, Kobe Bryant’s death, Jadine’s breakup (I just have to put it out there), and China announced the coronavirus outbreak.
It was crazy indeed but I decided to start writing this weekly update again because I wanted to have something to look back on when the time comes that everything will be tremendously great again. I am positive that it will be.
- We went to Cavite and experienced major traffic. I can’t imagine how people manage to travel from Metro Manila to Cavite and vice versa every workday and still have time to take care of their families. Imagine the hours these people spend on the road. I am so proud of them.
- This week the government declared Public health emergency and it made people panic. Not only that, just the other day, but code red alert also increased to level -2 and the government imposed Community Quarantine for a month. I, for one, panicked because we don’t know what viruses we’ll get while interacting with people outside. Who knows, the last person you spoke with was in close contact with an infected person.
- I made sure that we had enough soap, antibacterial hand washing soap, alcohol, and sanitizers for preventive measures in this COVID-19 pandemic. I decided to stock up on groceries for 2 weeks but we still need to buy some fresh foods from the market as supermarkets were running out of stocks. I decided to stock up but not hoard. Well, honestly, I just don’t have the funds to really “hoard” stuff. Big thanks to my parents who left 4 bottles of rubbing alcohol at home when their Korea flight was canceled.
- I am so thankful to God for work at home jobs. Tee and I have been working from home for a while now and I don’t have to be scared so much because none of us needs to go out to earn money. Despite this pandemic, we’re still working and earning and I am so grateful for that.
- Since almost all of us are staying home, here are Netflix series and movies that I want to share with you. You can watch them alone or with your family but these sure are good ones. Some of them I’ve finished already and waiting for the next season of episodes, while the others are still ongoing.
Netflix Series to watch at times of COVID-19 Quarantine
One of the shows that dominated Netflix this year and Tee and I were hooked. We’re currently waiting for Part 4 but this is a must watch.
Description: A criminal mastermind who goes by “The Professor” has a plan to pull off the biggest heist in recorded history — to print billions of euros in the Royal Mint of Spain. To help him carry out the ambitious plan, he recruits eight people with certain abilities and who have nothing to lose.
Crash Landing on You
I don’t usually watch Korean Dramas but since this was trending, I watched. I got hooked and now I cant get over it.
Description: The absolute top secret love story of a chaebol heiress who made an emergency landing in North Korea because of a paragliding accident and a North Korean special officer who falls in love with her and who is hiding and protecting her.
Hi, Bye, Mama!
Aside from Kim Tae-hee who’s really pretty, this is such a fun series to watch. Moms can really relate. I m still waiting for the upcoming episodes.
Description: When the ghost of a woman gains a second chance at life for 49 days, she reappears in front of her remarried husband and young daughter.
This is not a series but a psychological thriller movie. Tee and I love us some thriller movies. This movie is crazy but really good. A must watch.
Description: After his wife and injured daughter disappear from the emergency room, a man becomes convinced the hospital is hiding something.
This has been shown in Fox since 2013 but I just decided to watch this comedy. Amidst all the crisis happening in the world right now, it’s good to have Jake Peralta make you laugh at the end your day.
Description: Ray Holt, an eccentric commanding officer, and his diverse and quirky team of odd detectives solve crimes in Brooklyn, New York City.
How about you? How was your week? How are you coping with everything that’s happening in the world?
Feel free to reach out if you need someone to talk to.